Saturday, May 28, 2011

Technoblog Found

Earlier this year I stated:
I have, however, neglected the role of technology in the entire process of cultural evolution. What reminded me of this was a dinner table conversation with my father, brother, and I about the possibility that Robots and advanced computers will obviate conscious driving; that cars will be driven by autopilot.

I tried to think of the future state of technology and its ramifications for the world, but I didn't get very far. I just realized that this was a job for much finer and more informed minds than my own. So I am looking for a blogger or author that writes with a morbid wit and expounds about not the technical details but of the general implications future technology will have upon our society. He must also have a major, a perhaps a bit insane, thesis.
Well, I finally found a site that purports to fulfill the criteria above: FuturePundit; Future technological trends and their likely effects on human society, politics and evolution.
It is the cousin blog of parapundit, which I enjoy as well. I haven't read a whole lot of material over there so I can't say for sure whether it is what I am looking for, but from what I have read it seems to be a promising start; the post about how the rise of the personal computer has lead to decreased amount of leisurely reading time made sense.

I await the vast sea of knowledge that will overflow me.

No comments:

Post a Comment